Saturday, December 29, 2007

Part 3

Every Christmas Eve we get together with close family friends and go out to eat before going to the candlelight service (our church calls it a Love Feast... more later on the love that was involved with that this year!) This year we chose Red Robin for our fine dining Christmas Eve dinner! The boys were delighted to be going there though. I mean what kid wouldn't be when balloons are involved! All three did unbelievably well all the way through dinner, even with opening presents and having Daddy sung Happy Birthday to. We were thinking, "It's too good to be true".... and it was. I knew that a 6:00 service was about the worst time of the whole day for the boys and with it being the night before Christmas you couldn't get any worse. But we attempted to go anyway and didn't even make it through the sticky buns. (for all you Providence readers out there that know that's like in the first ten minutes of the service.) I'll spare you all the details but let's just say that there was screaming, flailing, and falling off chairs involved! Needless to say we left almost as soon as we arrived! This was definitely one of those times that Blake and I just had to laugh! We finished off the night with three baths and a reading of the Christmas story that took about a minute! Then it was off to bed so mom and dad could heave a big sigh of relief! Gotta love life with three small kids!
I think Caleb got a little more into the birthday song for Daddy than Blake did!
Christmas Eve presents at Red Robin
Nate opening some ornaments from Nana


Are you sure we can't open these mom?

No comments: