Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We're Having a.....

Well..... we had our 20 week ultrasound this afternoon (which was actually our 21 week ultrasound OR 22 week ultrasound- more on that later) and we had decided we weren't going to find out the gender. And well..... we stood strong! I must say it was awfully tempting, but in the end the ultrasound tech didn't even know (good sign maybe?) and our doctor who just happened to be in the room for pretty much the whole ultrasound (that had never happened before) might be the only one who knows who sweet baby 4 really is! Of course he was joking and told Asher to be expecting a sister, brother, brother, sister! I really don't think he saw anything either!
The tech said the baby was breech and all hunched up, but was able to check out everything that she needed and everything looked perfect! What a blessing and answer to prayer. I decided just today that I wanted Asher to go since this would be the last opportunity he would have and he was SO excited! We did have to wait in the waiting room for 40 minutes before they called us back, but he made it without us killing him :) He wasn't too into watching the baby on the screen. Must have been the gummi life savers I brought along to keep him quiet! The one exciting piece of news was that they said the baby was measuring 22 weeks instead of 21 so I might be a week farther along than we thought! It actually makes more sense that I would be, as this baby's dates were definitely unknown to us and they actually told us we were pregnant like 10 days after we conceived! So being a week further adds up. And who doesn't want one less week of being prego at the end! Now we might be looking at the day before Thanksgiving for a due date, but hey... if it's out of the month of December I'll take it! All in all, it was a great appointment and so fun to see our little one all snuggled up and doing great!
Sweet Number 4
Asher and Daddy in the waiting room
This is a picture of Asher with our favorite doctor (Dr. Zimmerman). He was actually the one that delivered Asher back in the day! Ha... seems like forever ago and we never actually got Asher in a picture with him. Probably due to the crazy C-section we ended up having that was not planned! We just love Dr. Z and I thought it would be neat for Asher to get to meet the doctor that as Asher says "got me out of your tummy".
This was taken after my C- section with Asher in June of 2004. Blake was posing with Dr. Z since Asher was being detained in the hospital nursery (which they are standing in front of!) This was the best we could do for getting a picture of Asher with the doctor who delivered him. Funny that now they don't even take them to the nursery right away anymore, but do everything right in the delivery room! How times have changed!

7 comments:

megan said...

You had me fooled by your facebook status :) Good job staying strong. What a fun surprise it will be!!! So glad to hear Baby is healthy :)

Allison said...

So glad Baby H is looking great! We are rejoicing with you!

And 'yay' for being farther along!

The Florida Odoms said...

Congrats on being farther along - one week doesn't seem like much, but I almost cried when they told me I was one week EARLIER than I thought - I hate having to back track!! :)

I'm glad you guys stood strong - and how random that the tech didn't know the gender either. I guess it's good you weren't wanting to find out, that might have been more maddening to not be able to know.

Daniel McCollum said...

have you always waited to find out the sex? I can't remember on this last one. I really like that idea and have always thought that was how I was going to do it for the surprise factor! The picture looks like a sweet baby girl...thats what i think! I'm so glad that he/she is healthy and everything is looking good. Love you all.

Laura Thompson said...

precious precious little one - already looks like a hickman. Linda and I loved getting to check em' out and ofcourse she loved all the other posts as well. I especially think the pic with Ash and Zim is precious! Love you - missing you today as always.

Luis and Christy said...

Ah, Dr. Zimmerman -- what a class-act. I love that guy. I hope he is there to deliver little Velasquez. I am proud (and amazed) that you didn't give in and find out. Exciting stuff!

Karen said...

Wonderful news!! A healthy baby is always great news. My birthday is 11/28 and Grace's birthday is 11/24. November is a great month to be born. The Dormans are praying for you and your sweet family.