Last Thursday, Blake and I loaded up our boys and our favorite babysitter, Bailey and headed off for a couple days at Carolina Beach. We had a great time playing on the beach and swimming in the pool. Asher definitely thought the pool was the best part, while Caleb enjoyed the shells and making sand castles on the beach. Asher and Caleb were both a little skittish of the pool at first, but once they got used to it they were all about it. They were jumping in and cannon balling like pros. With inflatable rings and swimmies of course! It was Caleb and Nate's first time seeing the ocean and Asher hadn't been since he was one. "Going to the beach" takes on an entirely different look once you have kids.... from the amount of stuff you have to take with you, how long you can actually stay out on the beach because of the sun, how many times you get to :) reapply sunscreen x3 of course, to the sand cleanup of three little boys when you come in! Let's just say mom and dad were exhausted and extremely thankful for a third set of hands... you're the best, Bailey!
We enjoyed the sights and sounds of being at the beach on the fourth and experienced many different fireworks shows... all throughout the night! All in all it was a fun couple of days. We can't wait until our boys can really enjoy playing on the beach and all that entails. Thanks to our friends the Weekmans who blessed us with the use of their condo too! Stay tuned for post beach blues in our next post!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
3 comments:
So glad it was a great time and that the "ick" waited until you got home. We're praying that the virus stops quickly.
Loved the pictures! Looks like the weather was great and the kids had fun.
How fun! I hear ya on the sunscreen....I wish I could tattoo it on the kids b/c I feel like that's all I do in the summer!!!
So fun! I am so jealous that you guys got a nice little vacation after camp!! Scott took a day off after camp and we did the whole "blow up pool in the backyard" thing - that counts as a vacation, right? :)
Erin
Post a Comment