Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bye Bye Blanket!

Okay... so some of you may be wondering why I am posting a picture of Asher's blanket (one of many) and his favorite stuffed animal (Batman the dinosaur)? Really it is a VERY big deal because as of Tuesday, Asher's fourth birthday, blanket and dinosaur have been quarantined to Asher's bed. They are to live there forevermore... no car trips, watching shows, or coming with Asher wherever he goes! He can only have them for naptime and nighttime and if and when he feels like getting up on his bed to say hello to them. We are thrilled that he is not dragging his blanket around with him everywhere anymore! He has actually done great and hasn't even skipped a beat. On the morning of his birthday when I woke up and went into his room to tell him happy birthday, he popped up and said, "Mom, am I four now? Does that mean I have to keep my blanket on my bed now?" I think he's actually excited about this new realm to being a big boy! Hooray for this milestone!

1 comment:

Allison said...

way to go, Asher!

i have a feeling we'll be doing that in a year or two!