Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vayggie Tayoh's!

We took Asher and Caleb to the new VeggieTale's (yes, we do know how to spell it!) movie today and they LOVED it! Asher had been to the theater a couple of times before, but today was Caleb's first time and boy was he excited! Unfortunately I forgot my camera so you aren't able to see just how excited.... The theater was packed, but we managed to find some good seats, right on the aisle just in case we would need to make a quick exit at some time during the movie (which we did!) I packed little bags of pretzels and sippy cups of water, but we did break down and buy some popcorn, which Asher was thrilled about but Caleb just turned up his nose at. (what's new!) Asher was into the movie for the whole time, but after Caleb's pretzels ran out he preferred to play "I see you" with the lady in front of us as well as exclaiming in his very LOUD voice Vayggie Tayoh's over and over! Thus came our first trip out of the theater to discuss "sitting in our seat or on mommy's lap vs. sitting in the van"! He chose the seat and did great for the rest of the movie! All in all I think we can call it a successful trip! (Despite the mini meltdown Asher had on our way out!) Thanks so much Uncle Kenny, Aunt Tammy, Katie, and Taylor for our tickets to the show! (Mom says we couldn't bring all the candy you sent because it has been long gone for a while now!)

4 comments:

The Florida Odoms said...

We can't wait until our boys can sit and enjoy a movie. Right now, I think Corban would be along the same lines as Caleb - he would definitely lose interest after the first little while. Sounds like you guys had fun!!

Erin

ashley said...

Hey Amber! Yes...we did decide to make a blog so we would no longer be a minority in this world! :) It's been fun! And about the preschool stuff...isn't it harder than you thought it would be? I think we've decided on Hudson Memorial Presbyterian on Six Forks....it's about 2 miles from my house, which is nice! I loved it when I went to check it out! Your boys are beautiful...and I'm glad you got that pampering day! You deserve it!!!! :)

megan said...

Have you seen this http://bigidea.com/other/homeschool.aspx
The discussion guide has all kinds of questions to tie together the movie with Christian themes (which weren't so strong in the movie).

Aunt Tammy said...

I am soooo glad the boys enjoyed the movie. I can not believe how fast they are growing. I can't wait to see them all. Love ya, Aunt Tammy