So I guess since I am about 8 weeks from having a baby, we should probably announce the big news on the blog! I have been wanting a blog makeover for a LONG time now, and decided that I was just going to wait to post again until I had changed up my blog! The only problem with that being I am in no way computer savy enough to figure out how to do all the things that I wanted to do. Enter my VERY creative and computer savy friend! Thanks A... what would I do without you?!Okay back to the BABY! We found out last March that #5 was on the way and of course we were extremely surprised, overwhelmed, basically experiencing every emotion you can imagine from happiness to despairing. Without going into great detail on our blog, I'll just say that this will be the final little Hickman, for those of you wondering :) It took awhile for us to even be okay with talking about the baby to anyone, no big facebook announcement, etc.... we finally started telling a few close friends and family, but waited to tell the masses until we knew our baby's gender. YES, we did find out this time! I just didn't want to go through an entire pregnancy of hearing that this one would be a girl, etc.... So we were definitely not at all shocked to find out that little #5 would be another BOY to join this family of crazy brothers! The three weeks or so leading up to our big ultrasound were probably the hardest for me in terms of wondering boy or girl. But ever since we found out who this little one is, God has given me nothing but an excitement for another boy and an unexpected blessing! The boys have beeen calling the baby "Baby Cheesy" and that name has just kind of stuck! So we decided to keep the baby's name a secret until he gets here! Gotta have some sort of exciting news when you're having your fifth boy! Baby Cheesy's due date is November 18! Thanks friends for rejoicing with us!
I'm excited to be blogging again and hope that this will be the first of many new posts to follow!
10 comments:
um....why in the world am I just now hearing of this???????? OMG - congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I am both not surprised, and also shocked at the same time (is this possible to have both feelings at the same time?), to know that it's another boy! Wow - this is so awesome!!! I cannot believe you kept this a secret for so long, and that you're already almost due! CRAZY!!! So, you mentioned this is it for you guys - are you taking "permanent" measures? I did after Karis. Wow girl - congrats again!! Love you guys!! Erin
yaaaaaaaay!! you know I check your blog like every other day. LOVE the new look and can't wait to see Baby Cheesy!!!! Love you girl and I would love to see a picture of you on this blog too. A rose among thorns! miss you!
Precious precious precious!!! i love that little face!
Praise the Lord for your healthy pregnancy and a fifth little boy to add to your home. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet your next handsome son!
Oh. My. Goodness!!!!! You totally haven't mentioned this AT ALL on facebook!!! I had no idea!!! Wow. Congrats! I'm just in shock!
Congrats, Amber! Such exciting news!
We can't wait to meet Baby Cheesy! wooohoooo!
I will comment to support you in your blogging! Love you all and ltitle Cinco.
WElcome back to the blogworld...not that I am all that speedy on my blog either. :) And CONGRATS on Baby Cheesy! I love the Cheesy part--so cute! Can't wait until Nov to hear the name and rejoice again with you both. You're SUPER MOM! God has given you so much...beautiful fam, Amb! XOXOXO from Charlotte! PS: We HAVE to get up with you guys!
Love the new blog look! You'd better keep up with posts now, no excuse!! I know you have tons of free time now before baby arrives, right? :) Thanks for the summer update on all the boys!
Yay!! My mom told me about baby number five and I've been waiting for a facebook update or something! As a mom of a little girl, let me just say that I get so excited when I know that a little boy is getting ready to be born into a family that will teach him to be a man after God's heart. We disparately need Godly men and I pray that my girl will find one someday. Hey...it might be one of yours! Take care! I can't wait to find out the name :)
Post a Comment