Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Preschooler!

Does he look excited to you?
All ready to go
Asher and one of his teachers, Mrs. Joy
in front of his classroom
"Dad, the sun is in my eyes, here!"
Ash and Daddy
I think these pictures say it all. Asher had a GREAT day for his first day! He already can't wait to go back on Thursday! He said with much certainty that the playground and lunchtime were his favorite parts of the day. Although I did hear about the red light/ green light system for the bathroom door and that he wants to take cheese sticks in his lunch the next time! It was quite different being home alone for three straight hours with just Caleb and Nate, although it felt like having just one during Nate's morning nap! I think I can get used to this! Caleb recovered quite nicely and had a fun time playing with all the toys and having them all to himself. We read some books together and had a nice lunch. I was actually able to get my lunch made and eaten at the same time as the boys! Will wonders never cease! Then we loaded up the van and all went to pick Asher up. He came to the car grinning from ear to ear. Although I did get in the wrong carpool line... oops!

5 comments:

Norma said...

Mrs. Joy and Mrs. Darlene were Zack's teachers. Is Mrs. Darlene still teaching?

They rock!!!

Glad Asher had a great day. And you too.

The Florida Odoms said...

that's awesome! he looks so excited. Glad that everyone had a great first day! I don't know how our boys will do being separated - they are obsessed with each other! Oh, and how come you don't even look pregnant in this picture?

Julie said...

they grow up so fast....hehehe
i love the first picture of asher sitting in the car, grinning from ear to ear, it cracks me up!
miss you all!

the mccollums... said...

so cute!! So glad that he had such a great first day of preschool!! He is so precious!

jason and jen said...

Hey Amber...can you believe we have preschoolers! The girls are at Christ Baptist, where is Asher going? Are you doing LAMBS this year? I hope so and I hope to see you soon! love, Jen