So today something happened that I never thought would. I became a soccer dad. Now, I only played one season of fall soccer when I was in 3rd grade. I didn't have anything against soccer, most of my closest friends in high school were soccer players. I just never played. Today however, Asher began what I can only imagine will someday be a World Cup career. Here are some pictures and commentary on our afternoon. I was so proud of Asher. He's never played soccer before, but he caught on really quick and loved running and chasing the ball during their "game". I asked him who he thought was the best out there today and he said, "Me, dad." We'll work on humility next week.


This look is patented. I've got pictures of me with the same "focused look".

You'll notice a trend with the picking up of the ball. He is a perfectionist like his mom and has to have the ball set up just so before he kicks it. We are working on that.


Exhibit 2 with the picking up of the ball. It got better after this time. He finally started to get it.


Water Break

Bubbs had to get in on the action too. Here he is showing off his new transformer.

Caleb wasn't supposed to be in this picture. This was supposed to be Asher practicing kicking into the goal. Bubbs had to get in on this one though.

Game Time. Here is Ash getting his game face on.



Though it may look like it, he really didn't knock that kid down.

The other team scored. Ash was not happy.
Am, Nate and Caleb came out to join the fun as well. It was a beautiful day and we had a blast. Only 5 more sessions left. This is going to be a great few weeks.
3 comments:
That looks so fun! Asher, the Roarks are cheering for you!
We may have to come watch a game sometime!
Hurray...I can finally leave comments! Welcome to athletics with your children...your life will never be the same. Get those colored sharpies out for your calendar. :) Asher, you look like a pro....I hope we can come see you play soon.
so cute! way to go Asher, and soccer dad! tell Asher that the soccer-dudes are always hunky- and he's no exception! :)
Post a Comment