Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Boosters All Around!

Okay, before you go thinking my boys are weirdos because they looked positively thrilled to death to be sitting on a table in the pediatrician's office waiting to get shots, let me assure you, they were not. Well at least two of them looked thrilled, Caleb looks like he knows what is about to come.....
So last night we got a call from one of Asher's preschool teachers saying that one of the kids in Asher's class had full blown chicken pox and she was just calling everyone to let them know, especially us with our herd of children! Ha! This morning I called our pediatrician to talk to a nurse about the situation (whether or not the boys should be around other kids even though they've had the vaccine since Asher has been exposed, should I be worried about Judah since he's too young for the vaccine, etc.) Even though all the boys had all gotten the vaccine when they were one, they usually give another booster between 4 and 6. So I knew Asher would be up for his booster since all his shots were coming up with his five year old well check. Not only did the nurse tell me to bring Asher in today for his booster, but Caleb and Nate too. And to top it of she said, "And since you'll be here anyway, why don't we just go ahead and do all of Asher's five year old shots today so he doesn't think he has to get shots every time he comes to the doctor!" O glory..... so as soon as I hung up with her at 10:30, I called Blake at work and said "I need you, we have an appointment for shots at 11:15." I mean who is crazy enough to take four children, three of which need shots, to the doctor's office alone!? Definitely not this girl! Really everything couldn't have gone smoother. Our favorite nurse was there today and we were literally in the room at 11:15 and back out in the van by 11:35! The boys all came out smiling, dum dums and stickers in hand, and best of all there was no co-pay since it was only a nurse visit and we didn't have to see a doctor! And of course we HAD to stop by Chick-fil-a on our way home since it was after all lunch time! Now we just have to pray that we don't see any spots....
Notice Lamby and Baby Raccoon got to come along for moral support!

1 comment:

ashley said...

oh my... you are a brave woman!