This weekend Judah and I went to my old stomping grounds (aka Liberty University) with some sweet friends of ours to check out the school for Sara who is a rising high school senior beginning the "college search". I had such a wonderful time first of all just relaxing with ONE kiddo, second of all getting to spend time with Tina who is like a big sister to me, and third reminiscing about all the good memories and times I had when I was at Liberty! It is absolutely unbelievable all the new buildings and things that have been done there since I graduated almost 10 years now. (yikes!) The place is HUGE in comparison... it now has a main campus, north campus, east campus, I guess you get the picture. LU busses that take you from one end of the place to another! Of course the day started out just how I remembered with it RAINING! And of course it was raining sideways, cold, and windy... you guys remember those days when it would flip your umbrella upside down! Fortunately it cleared up just as we got there for convocation and it was great, sunny spring weather for the rest of the time. It was crazy being in convo and walking around campus seeing all the students on their cell phones! Okay I know I'm not THAT old, but when we were there, NO ONE had one! I got to see one of my favorite, favorite, favorite professors, Mrs. Towles and catch up with her... so fun! We also took Sara to check out all the different dorm rooms since we know some girls that are students up there so that was fun too!
Of course Tina and I got to have lots of good, uninterrupted talking time, yummy food (hello Olive Garden!), and Judah even got to go hang out with the Riders for a little while on Friday afternoon so I was even kidless for a few hours! Imagine THAT! All in all it was a wonderful weekend... made me miss my college girls SO much (you know who you are!) And Blake even survived here on the home front with the other three! By the way, he is wonder dad... had the house vacuumed, cleaned, and flowers waiting on the kitchen table for me when we got home!

Sara and her friends walking down the stairs from the "Hill"
(Am and Kerry... how many times did we run down this hill that had NO stairs in the mud and rain almost falling in our jean skirts down to our ankles, when we of course were late to class?!!!)

Dr. Falwell's grave on the mansion lawn

can't even get over how huge convocation is now... the whole Vines Center is filled!

steps in front of DeMoss Hall

me and Mrs. Towles (please forgive my eyes that are borderline shutting... nice huh! But I HAD to put up the picture of Mrs. Towles!)

Judah Bug was unimpressed with convo!

the new bookstore at the entrance to campus!
7 comments:
Wow I don't recognize it at all! I would be so lost there now if I were a little freshman.
oh, how I miss LU days...i would never have guessed back in those days to be living this wonderful life with my wonderful husband! So funny how much has changed since LU. 10 years is a long time. Am, I am so glad that you had a great time there. Mrs. Towles looks fantastic too! She was definitely one of my favorites as well! XOXOX Miss ya.
AAAAAAHHHHH! So jealous!! Looks like you had an awesome time! How is Mrs. Towles?? I am so jealous you got to see her! She looks exactly the same only with shorter hair!! Scary how much LU has changed! I do feel old!! I will call you this week!! Love you!
We missed you! Glad you're back...but it sounds like a blissful weekend!
You're making me crave Olive Garden again. Why did you have to mention it!?! :)
I love Mrs. Towles too! Although I had her for a night class at CVCC :) Jared said the same thing about cell phones when we went to visit in February, how funny!
What fun we had! Thanks Amber and Judah for coming with me to keep me company. I wouldn't have survived without your help with directions and getting me around campus to places you did remember. I loved hearing all about your college days and our late night talks (as well as sitting in the car/parking lot for hours :) while waiting on Sara and friends to finish their college visit. Judah, thanks for being my early morning cuddle bug.
HOLY COW!!! You said it had changed, but it has REALLY changed. I don't think I would have recognized it. They are so lucky to have those stairs now, I remember the mud also. I miss those great times!! It's amazing the flood of memories that come back just seeing a few pics. Did it feel like you were coming home?
Post a Comment