Thursday, November 20, 2008
Baby "Who Are You" Check- up at 38 Weeks
Today I went in for my 38 week check and we are 60% effaced and 2 cm dilated! Now this really doesn't mean too much, except for the fact that I only have 8 more centimeters to go! Hooray! I have really been having alot of Braxton- Hicks contractions over this past week as well. Of course everytime I start having them I start to get that excited feeling but then quickly realize that they're nothing to get excited about! Gotta love how my body tries to get labor started. With both Caleb and Nate I had lots of "false labor" episodes before the real thing. So all along I've been expecting the same thing with this one too. We're getting excited to meet this little one and find out "who" is in there! I keep changing my mind and going back and forth, but I think today I finally decided what my official guess is.... don't get excited I'm not going to share! I'll just let you know after the baby is here if I was right or wrong! Dr. Zimmerman did tell me when we were talking about the baby's size that it definitely did not feel like it was anywhere as big as Natey Nate (who was my biggest at 8lb. 13 oz.). That was very encouraging as Dr. Beatty, who I saw last week, said the same thing. So hopefully #4 will break the trend of weighing more than the one before! I've also been having some stomach issues, which I have never had before my others, but read on the internet can be common before the onset of labor even up to weeks before! WHAT! Weeks before... you have got to be kidding me! We're pretty much ready although I haven't completely packed my bag. It's sitting beside the bed, but how much can you really pack? Pretty much everything you pack you need now... so I just have in my mind what I need to throw in! My mom and dad get here on Monday so we'll see if this baby decides to wait on them or come this weekend. We'll keep you posted......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
OK... the next 24... or not until next week... ;-D Did you ever decide what to do about the crib/bed situation?
Yay Amber! You look GREAT and I know you're so excited the wait is almost over! I'm sorry we didn't run into each more with this pregnancy...maybe we'll run into each other at the hospital?? Hah we'll see!
That is exciting Amber! It sounds like baby could be here soon! I had trouble with my stomach right before Hartley was born! They said it was my gallbladder being squished :) Enjoy the last few days of your pregnancy!
woo--hoo! We are praying for y'all! :)
I can't wait to meet this little one! I was at the hospital on Owen's birthday (Friday, 11/21) and I asked the front desk if you were in and they said you had checked out the day before! Well of course I got all excited, false alarm! Sheesh! :)
I was just thinking of you and wondering how you were! I'm excited to find out what your #4 is too!
Hey sweet sister-in-law AND Blakely! I am so excited and holding my breath for you. I am saying my prayers that I get my first niece, and my dad is praying for that first grandaughter, but either way, we will be sooo blessed to have another Hickmsn-btw-What are the names chick??? You look beautiful! I can't wait to hear-wish we could be there and we love you!!!~Bari and dad
Oh, BTW, I cannot forget to ad that ROLL TIDE!!!!
keep checking... where is baby hickman, we thought you'd be early :-)
Post a Comment