Well, we were finally able to send this thing back where it came from! Nate was a bit jaundiced when he went for his first doctor appointment, but we were already prepared for this as his jaundice level had kept going up at the hospital. Plus both Asher and Caleb were jaundiced as well, but theirs never went as high as Nate's. So we were able to experience the billy blanket first hand. It is this little machine that the baby is hooked up to by wearing the yellow "blanket" on their back. It's a big pain because everywhere the baby goes, the machine has to go too. You can only imagine what diaper changes were like at 3:00 am! We got the billy on Sunday and Nate wore it until Wednesday morning. Needless to say we were not sad to see it go! And yes, I know I said I would update the blog "tomorrow", but this is tomorrow in my new life with three children!

Can we say glow worm!

Asher and Anna getting in on the picture taking action.
(The Thompsons were driving through Raleigh on their way back to Georgia so they stopped in to meet Baby Nate)

Baby Paul wasn't too interested in Baby Nate!

Whew... I'm ready for a nap!
3 comments:
Interesting - I've never actually seen one of those billirubin blankets before. Both my boys were jaundiced too (I think every baby is at birth) - but not bad enough to need the blanket. Glad to hear it's gone for good! He is adorable - I love the last picture with his little smile. So sweet!!
Erin
We have been praying that he would have that juandice gone, and what an answer to prayer! I know that the whole fam will be happy to hear it!Is that a smile that I already see on that angel's face? That is PRECIOUS!!I am dying to see you guys-I miss and love you sooo badly! Just working on daddy!!!:) So pray!!I love you both so much, and all my nephews of course! You guys are in my prayers daily! All my love~Barrett Claire
Wow! I am sorry to re-write, but that baby has more hair than the other 2 when they were born-doesn't he? And dark hair at that! Plus that beautiful complexion-and ya'll know that I worked with Newborns in the Well baby Nursery, but I am not being predjudiced, but he is such a pretty baby! Love you!
Post a Comment