Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bunk Beds for the Boys!

Phase One of preparing for Baby Nate's arrival is complete! Part of Asher's birthday presents included new bunk beds for his room. (Which won't be just his for much longer!) We found some great bunk beds at BJ's and Blake was finally able to get a day free to put them together. We weren't too sure how Asher would do, especially with putting him on the top bunk, so we were prepared with some options if he was unsure about it. But no options were needed! He absolutely LOVED them and climbed up and down the ladder like he had been doing it forever! He's been sleeping on the top bunk for about a week now and is doing great. We are waiting until July to make the big move for Caleb though. Only one major change at a time is all I can handle! Everything else of his has already been moved into Asher's room, so the only thing that is missing is him and the stuff he sleeps with. I'm a little more anxious about this next big change, but hopefully it won't take TOO long for them to adjust to being in a room together.

2 comments:

The Florida Odoms said...

I definitely want to hear an update on how the transition goes with both boys in the same room. Not that we are anywhere near that stage yet with our boys, but it's always nice to think ahead and learn from other people's experiences - so looking forward to another post about this!! Erin

Laura Thompson said...

Asher looks quite comfy and confident in his new digs! I love the beds and I'm sure the boys are going to love "bunking" together!!