
For Amber and I and thousands of others around the world, the news we received this afternoon was shocking and sad. Liberty University is a place that means a great deal to Amber and myself. It is where we met, fell in love and began our life together. Dr. Falwell played an instrumental part in our faith development, our marriage, in how we do ministry and now even in how we raise our boys. He will be missed greatly by our family.
There are many things that Dr. Falwell and I didn't see eye to eye on. Even during my time at LU, there were many times when things were said that would cause me to cringe, but one thing that never made me uneasy was his love for his Savior and his love for his family, church and students.
Even as recently as a few weeks ago Dr. Falwell made some comments in a convocation message that were disturbing to me, but because it was Dr. Falwell making the comments, I knew how to receive them and I could appreciate what was said because it was coming from him. Having been under his teaching for 4 years, I knew his heart and the love he had for the Gospel.
I am a better man, minister of the Gospel, husband and father because of the ministry of Dr. Falwell. The Hickman family will miss you Doc. See you again someday!
1 comment:
yes, a sad day indeed. i just logged on to check out your new blog and saw the news. He will be missed. I'll always remember the days of convocation and watching him wave as he drove around campus. proud to say i shook his hand at graduation. he will be missed.
Post a Comment